Welcome

Welcome to my blog! I hope you find something interesting here!! I am new to this but am very excited to share things with you. I hope you will follow me. It's easy just click on the follow button on the left side of this page. Thanks I hope your having a great day!!







Thursday, March 10, 2011

worm castings

So I have a terrible time with my plants. An alpaca farmer that my children have been helping gave me a 5# bag of this dirt and told me that it was from his worm farm. He uses the alpaca poo and some other items in his worm farm. It makes a very rich soil. He told me to use half potting soil and half of the dirt he gave me. I actually used about 1/3 of his dirt and 2/3 potting soil. I decided to see if I could save this spider plant that my cat was destroying. With in a couple of days I could see the plant was perking up. Now a few weeks later it is striving!! Now which plant to save next. I will post more when I use it it on other plants. I'll have to post pictures because I think I will become a great houseplant grower after all! This is really good soil! I would recommend it to anyone! 

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm.....I didn't know we were supposed to mix the Alpaca poo with regular dirt. I didn't! I re-potted a few plants with 100% Alpaca poo and they're doing great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool I bet it worked great! I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete